Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Of Patience and Pediatricians

A week and a half of sickness, followed by going back to work has decreased Don's blog-posting time. So, if you are family, friends, parishioners, or otherwise invested in looking at the most recently updated pics of Baby Anna, please wait just a little longer. I understand you are anxious for new pictures and appreciate your patience. :)

Her pediatrician's visit on Monday went very well. She is now past her birthweight of 5 pounds, 8 ounces! She's also gained over an inch in length, mostly in the size of her fingers and toes I believe. She is starting to hold her head up on her own, and she is starting to roll over (when not bundled up tightly) on her own. According to the development books, that's something that isn't supposed to happen for another month. What do they know? Do you see me grinning ear-to-ear through my computer?

On a developmental side-note, I have decided that instead of teaching her big words like Obstetrician and Gynecologist (words Rachel was taught early on to impress), I am opting for the simple phrase, "Jesus is our soteriological, ontological, and eschatologically apocalyptical hope!" If you're not a seminary nerd or German theologian, my apologies for the disconnect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful keepsake for your family and for Anna. Not only is it a pictoral history, but a written commentary --- which is sooo important to English teachers and grandmothers.

Cheryl Patman
AKA Nanny

Anonymous said...

Good point, Nanny! Don, I hope you have a way to print the commentary out so Rachel can scrapbook it.

If I'm healthy enough, I'm coming to see/hold/photograph Miss Anna tomorrow! :)
~Lee